Overview of the Course Structure and Objectives
What will you, the student, gain from this course? Below are outlined the general course objectives:
Good luck in your journey across space and time!
- You will be able to describe the Big Bang and the origin of the elements.
- You will be able to explain the age and origin of the Solar System and illustrate differences between Earth and other planets in the Solar System.
- You will be able to describe the basic tools used in observational astronomy and the methods astronomers use to determine the distances to the stars.
- You will be able to summarize conditions necessary for life and to assess scientific evidence for life on other planets.
- Best of all, you will able to intelligently read an article about astronomy in a magazine or newspaper and explain to somebody else.